Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just When I Thought I Had My Fears In Check...

Well, I picked up Brayden's prescription for Diastat.  Just when I thought I had my fears in check, I leave the pharmacy with a Diastat kit that sent a chill up my spine! I pray every day that we remain as lucky as we have been, and Brayden doesn't ever experience a seizure that goes 5+ mins, because I am not sure I could hold it together to administer this prescription to my little man :(  In the interest of full disclosure, and because this is an informational blog, I have the Diastat (which is a suppository form of Valium) pictured below.

But first...

I received a call back from the neurologist in regards to Brayden's case which was going to be discussed during their morning meeting yesterday.  She stated that his EEG is going to be reviewed again by the physician that runs EEG Case Reviews and Dr. Bean.  However, at this time they do have a lot of cases to review, so it may be a while...Ugh!!! One thing I have learned from this experience is, you become an expert at playing the waiting game!  I'm not quite sure I'm there yet!!!


This is the Diastat Gel kit.  If Brayden's seizures ever last 5+ mins I have to administer this rectally to stop the seizure.  This is very scary to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment