Thursday, August 8, 2013










It's All Politics...

About a week ago, I emailed my state reps office to see if any progress has been made in getting our legislation passed.  I heard back yesterday.  Unfortunately, there has not been a vote yet.  After the House passed the budget they went on a break.  So we now have to wait until they get back to business.  My rep contacted the House secretary to have me CC'd in all the emails that they send in regards to these updates.  As I get them I will forward the information to you!  Hopefully we are not waiting too much longer, but as I'm sure you can imagine, these things do take time.

If you are looking for ways to help with the BHS Awareness campaign, and you haven't done so already, I urge you to contact your local elected officials.  Tell them your story and explain why this legislation is so important to you.  I'm sure in your BHS journey, you have noticed how little is known about this condition.  It's hard to find some one who truly knows what it is and what this condition does to our kids.  So, if you put yourself in the shoes of those who will be voting, they may not understand the importance of bringing awareness to BHS.  It is our job as parents, as advocates, the voice of our children to make it important to those who hold the power.  It only takes a few minutes to type up a letter, and make your voice heard!  We owe this to our children, after all they go through as we search for answers for them!

Thank you for your continued support! 

Resources:


On Facebook?  Join Parents of Breath Holders and connect with other parents on the same journey! The support and understanding you will receive from this group is incredible!




No comments:

Post a Comment