Monday, August 6, 2012


Starting Fresh...
After many phone calls to get a neurology appointment for Brayden, we have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30 at Nemours Alfred I DuPont Hospital For Children!  While, I am excited that we finally seem to be getting the attention Brayden deserves, the uncertainty of what tomorrow's appointment brings is a bit overwhelming.  If you have been reading my posts you probably already realized I am a researcher by nature.  I went online to find information on 24 hr EEG's for children, and found that there are several ways this can be done.  I even called the Neurology department to try to get answers and found out that how they do this test is based on the neurologist evaluation of the child.  Whether it's handled as an in patient procedure or out patient...whether he will be "hooked up" tomorrow or rescheduled for the test.  I have prepared for either situation, however, my hope is that the test will begin tomorrow and we can take him home while he's attached to the EEG.  

Even though I am a little stressed about what lies ahead with the test and the results, knowing that we are getting a fresh start with a new pediatrician, new neurologist, and new hospital gives me hope that there will be new progress.

As always, I will update this blog on the outcome of Brayden's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment